Print orders are shipping around 2 weeks time. Thanks for your patience!
THESE ARE A FEW OF THE MOST COMMON QUESTIONS I GET ASKED.
If you have additional questions feel free to submit an inquiry!
1. HOW DO I BUY AN ORIGINAL? I update my original painting shop as often as I can via a painting release system, where I will release a series of paintings into the shop all at once. Occasionally I throw a piece out there to mix things up or because I'm impatient. The best way to stay informed is to follow me on instagram, as I post most updates there, and the collections will be well advertised before hand via social media and mailing list. These paintings tend to go pretty quickly, so be sure to be prompt!
Originals will be available here.
2. CAN I COMMISSION A PAINTING? Yes... and no. I have decided to take a break from open commissions so that I can create more available artwork for my collectors and follow my creative path naturally. However, I do make special exceptions for landscapes or if the client already has a beautiful, high quality/resolution photo that I do not need to 'photoshop' or piece together.
I am very selective, so if you don't fall in those constraints: I plan to create a large body of work throughout the year (large and small pieces) so stay tuned for the piece that speaks to you!
3. PRINT QUALITY & DETAILS: All reproductions in my shop are Giclee reproductions and are created using a local printer and a larger-scale company based in Pennsylvania. Both use a fancy printer that uses a wide range of inks applied so finely you cannot see the dpi a bit, are acid-free and very long-lasting. Paper prints are all inspected and signed by me, are there is a 1inch white border left around the image for signing and framing. Canvas prints are drop-shipped straight to you!
All orders take ~20 days to arrive back in my studio, then I scurry to sign, package and ship them to you asap!
4. FRAMING: I highly encourage framing all your prints and originals. Not only do they look incredibly beautiful framed, but it will help to protect your fresh artwork from wear and dust. I do not currently offer framing from my studio, but I do have a few recommendations!
Check out my print framing guide here
6. HOW IS MY ARTWORK GOING TO BE SHIPPED?
Oil paintings take a substantial amount of time to dry. I will not ship a painting before it is ready to be tightly packaged (4-7 weeks from painting completion).
All artwork is wrapped in paper, padded, and sent in a cardboard box.
Most artwork will ship via USPS or UPS and most packages arrive within 2-4 days (domestic) from time of shipping (includes tracking & insurance).
All prints are handled with the utmost care; rolled up in paper, inserted into a plastic sleeve which is then inserted into a heavy duty tube. Whew!
Prints 12x16 and smaller are mailed in a sturdy flat mailer encased in an acid free casing.
Shipped via USPS 1st Class Mail or Priority Mail (usually arrives within 1-3 days within the US)
Shipping costs cover fees, packaging supplies, time, labor, and storage.
In the works.. stay tuned!
7. DO YOU SHOW LOCALLY? CAN I VISIT YOUR STUDIO? Although I would loveee to see all of your beautiful faces - I work from home so I only take visitors who are inspecting originals for purchase, and that is by appointment. Message me to set one up!
If you are in the Big Bend area and would like to purchase a souvenir, check out the French Grocer Co. in Marathon! They are a great stop on the way to the National park. Load up on goodies and purchase some KBpaint postcards and prints while you're there!
8. RETURNS: Every order, commission, and sale is handled with care and as much clarity and transparency as possible. My goal is for you to be completely thrilled with your purchase! Because of this, all sales are final except in certain situations. Please email me if there is any damage in transit and make sure to take photos as you unpack the scuffed up print or painting. We can submit a claim and have another print out your way in no time! Win/win! Yay!
Please take the time to read descriptions carefully and the check colors on multiple screens if you are concerned about color variations. I try my best to represent the colors and tones in my work honestly and clearly.
10. STOCKISTS & GALLERIES: I offer discounts on prints and originals, and would love to meet you. Email me and lets talk!
11. INTERIOR DESIGNERS: I love working with designers because I love it when my artwork lives in a fine looking room! I offer designers a discount on Giclee prints. Please email me so we can set up a specific coupon code for you to use frequently. I do not offer discounts on original paintings nor do I allow my work to be marked up without consent.
12. PRESS: I love working with bloggers, editors, stylists, and writers! There are many images on my site that you are free to use for your article. Please credit both me & my photographer, which is usually my handsome husband, Scott Del Vecchio. If you have any questions, please email me! I am always open to interviews and love sharing my story with the world!
WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THE PAINTING?
I retain all rights to all artwork I create. This includes the rights to the image of sold & commissioned original paintings. I retain the right to make REPRODUCTIONS OF ANY AND ALL ARTWORK I CREATE UNLESS THE COLLECTOR HAS PURCHASED THE FULL OR PARTIAL RIGHTS TO THE ARTWORK (this is in addition to purchasing the original).
The Collector or buyer may not reproduce the artwork in any way without written permission.
If the artwork ends up being reproduced in a magazine or other media I only ask for credit.
When you purchase an original painting you, the collector, have the right to display the artwork in your home or business (hooray!) but the artwork may not be resold or reproduced without my written permission.
Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing full or partial rights to your painting. Some collectors chose to purchase my right to reproduce the artwork to ensure it will never become a print. I am totally happy to discuss that with you if you would like!